Conrad Carlberg has operated his consulting practice since the mid-1990's. He focuses on the quantitative analysis of data that companies routinely collect in their sales, employee, customer management and other operations database systems.
These projects generally target the products and services that are most likely to generate profitable revenue, to reduce variable costs without also reducing income, and to strengthen the acquisition and retention of clients, patients and other customers.
- Health Care: Largely the design of data acquisition systems in preparation for more informative analyses, such as:
- Design of system to measure conformance to medical practice standards
- Reporting databases for cardiac and thoracic surgeons
- Continuing education systems for MDs who administer sedation
- Methodological and statistical guidance for hospital's Institutional Review Board
- Investment: Design of data reduction technique to support a successor to the
modern portfolio theoryapproach to investment:
- Use principal components analysis to identify factors underlying pricing and volatility of ETFs
- Rotate factors to an oblique solution along risk and reward dimensions
- Score ETFs according to performance at varying levels of risk
- Manufacturing: Design of an autobid interface for a CAD/CAM system with a combination of Excel pivot tables and VBA:
- Extract HVAC part specifications from CAD/CAM system database
- Select conforming line items from manufacturers' proposals
- Link part specifications to proposed quantities and prices
- Select manufacturers' proposals for use in bid
- Prepare proposed budget based on selected proposals
- Financial: Conversion of a major film studio's movie library financials:
- Replace old spreadsheet-only system
- Design and implement much more informative system
- Combination of a true relational database with Microsoft Excel breakdowns, projections and charts
Please email Conrad for a quote on consulting work. He also welcomes your questions and comments.